Friday, August 2, 2019

It Ain't Easy Living With A Real Christian

With great admiration, I can unequivocally state that my family members and friends will validate this claim: 'There is nobody who sends out more special occasion greeting cards than does my wife, Gerry Roustio.'  She is unquestionably an engaging people's person. She is genuine in her concern for others. When it comes to 'caring,' Gerry is the real deal. We would not have near the number of friends if not for her 'outreach personality.' I truly admire her. But I wish not to BE HER.

Our monthly calendar is displayed is the high visual traffic area of our kitchen. It reveals any and all daily appointments as well as family and friends' birthdays and anniversaries. Gerry makes it a point to telephone our three married children to remind them of a family member's birthday and/or Anniversary.

Okay, you got the picture. My wife will also visit the sick in hospitals and those home bound. Here is where my rant begins. Given my wife's inclination to do all the aforementioned things it's fair to assume she would relish others doing likewise. That's not the case with me. That said, I felt it necessary to adamantly explain to my better half that under NO CIRCUMSTANCE DO I WISH TO HAVE VISITORS WHEN HOSPITALIZED! The only exception...immediate family. Furthermore, I explained: If I'm sick at home, I don't ask people to stop by for a visit and I don't want her having dinner guests. Her response to my tirade? "Well, you're not very nice." She then looked up from her desk where she was writing our her monthly checks for St. Jude's, Alzheimer's Association and  Boys'  Town and said, "When I finish here, I want you to help me get all the bird feeders down so I can replenish their foods."

No comments:

Post a Comment