Sunday, March 22, 2020

How Did I Get So Many Jobs?

Previously, I have spoken to this ever-growing self-service false show and pretense of customer-service. Certainly, most Americans (about 56%)  are smart enough to understand that the self-service concept is driven by corporate profiteering through the simple practice of convincing consumers that if they would do the work of their laid-off employees, you (customer) will buy for less and complete transactions faster. How's that working out?

Now that I automatically put gasoline in my own auto, clean the windshield and walk to the inside counter to get my receipt, which seldom dispenses at the pump, I can drive around near the overpriced car wash and put air in my tire for a buck fifty. I can also self-checkout out at most stores. It just keeps getting easier and easier for we gullible folks. The fact that I am not employed at any of these places of business, I none-the-less work for them.

The topper 'work-for-no-pay' happened this past week. I am now a non-paid employee for the federal government under legal obligation and threat of fines or imprisonment. Two days ago, I received by mail a mandated explanation of how to go online and complete for the Feds my household census information. It was clearly stated that I was required by law to do this job. I remember years past when a paid employee of the United States government used to knock on doors, ask questions and complete the form. I now do his job. And by the way, if you put any stock in future census numbers and stats your damn right goofy.

I'd continue this rant but I gotta run back to Walmart. I just remembered that I failed to put my shopping cart back in the cart corral and they got those survalliance cameras...there may be a law against that.

No comments:

Post a Comment