Saturday, March 28, 2020

Share Joy and Happiness in Difficult Times

In my retirement years, I often reflect on those many wonderful people in my past and the incredible times shared and wonder 'where did the time go?' During these coronavirus shut-in times, perhaps you as I spend more moments reflecting on our past experiences and folks who intersected our journey. I often find myself wishing that I had taken more time in those past moments to truly embrace and enjoy unique events and special relationships. Seemingly, too often the perceived achievment demands rob you and I of the 'now' enjoyment.

With today's difficult social circumstances, we can find ourselves reminiscing too much about the past and worrying far too much about tomorrow, which again steals away the moment's joy. That's correct, I did say "joy." We must remind ourselves that amidst this world wide virus pandemic, which keeps us from up close human interaction, we need not give way to negative thinking. We are not paralyzed and unable to share our caring love if we make positive choices. God grants us opportunities to reach out and touch lives of family, friends and total strangers. Be grateful to have the Internet, facebook and cell phones to exchange thoughts, feelings, face time and love of others.

Recently, I  decided how much money that my wife and I might spend going out to dine or other entertainment options and use those un-spent monies to donate to needed causes; and I have done that regularly. I seize moments each day to exercise, play with my pup, exchange deep and casual conversations with my wife. I also make it a point to telephone a couple of friends or family members to check on them. I wish them to know my concern because I have that concern. I also reach out with these blog writings even though some may disagree with my opinions or comments, I still engage.

As God intended, I must use this time to share the gift of love and enjoy my moments.

"I have noticed that most people in this world are about as happy as they have made up their minds to be."   Abe Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment