Sunday, November 17, 2019

Mental Refreshing Exercises

For several years running, I have taken 10-minutes every day to find a quiet secluded dark place, close my eyes and try to refresh my mind with various thoughts. I may think of past events or experiences, which were particularly pleasing, memorable or exciting. Perhaps I focus on humor or family or maybe I simply recall Song verses from yesteryear. I can affirm that the time spent is relaxing and causes me to practice both recall and imagination.

 I particularly enjoy 'thinking' of humor and what might be. Just two days ago, I hit on a mental refresher exercise moment that caused my head to 'swim.' You know that feeling. You have an  incredible time trying to 'get your head around something' and it's damn near impossible.

I was thinking of the number of people in President Trump's administration who have been indicted for criminality, found guilty or pleaded guilty and have gone to prison or will be going to prison. Hot damn that's a long list: It appears that nearly three dozen people in and around Trump's Presidency have been indicted. Okay, here comes the humorous part: In your wildest thoughts can you possibly imagine if these criminal indictments had happened during Obama's presidency what the response would be from the likes of  Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson and Congressman 'Coatless' Jim  Jordan. The only certainty is Limbaugh would have had a stroke by now. And OMG, the Internet Trumpers would be going berserk...folks that's funny and that's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment