Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Old Man With Growing Addictions

As a young boy immersed in sports' activities, I was cautious regarding following rules. I did what I needed to do academically to remain in good stead and I rebuked all temptations of alcohol and drugs. I didn't want to get in trouble with parents or coaches and to be honest the alcohol and drugs scared me.

I never thought that one day I would be dependent on drugs to the extent that I meet a drug dealer at least two times a week seeking a fix. My addiction is costing me significantly and I find myself buying more and more drugs for not only me but also supplying my wife. It saddens me.

My drug dealer has me on speed dial and periodically telephones to tell me he has fresh stuff. These days, the only person I 'see' more frequently than my drug dealer is my wife. I suspect that this drug addiction in America is escalating rapidly based on the number of drug pushers I see on nearly every city corner. My guy can be found at the intersection of Mound Road and Water Street, Decatur, Illinois...he's located in the Target Store at the CVS counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment