Thursday, December 12, 2019

Keeping My List to Groceries

I have never been one to seriously focus on New Year's Resolutions. I believe my reluctance to itemize such thoughts is anchored in two realities: first, I likely won't keep these grandiose pledges and secondly, this time of year already holds enough pressure without producing a document that confirms my weaknesses and failures of the past 365 days.

Look, I've been under the gun to complete a coordination-responsibility of a sports' tournament, meet numerous year-end medical appointments for both my wife and me, when I no sooner return from tossing that gross Thanksgiving turkey carcass and I hear my wife's voice telling me to get the Christmas decorations from the attic and blah, blah...

After putting up far too many decorations, which few people notice, I must have enough energy to be  a pleasant host to our family gathering of 25+, watch an endless number of college football games and then put away all those decorations before heading South for a couple of months. I don't have time to give serious thinking to a New Year's resolution list...but should I, the list would resemble something like this...with a rationale:

     1) Reduce my weight from 200-to-195...because most people put weight reduction on this list.
     2) Stop dissing on Republicans who support President Trump...because it makes no difference.
     3) Think calming thoughts when a baseball analyst mentions 'launch angle'...my blood pressure!
     4) Look for a morning coffee group to join because my wife says I need some buddies.
     5) Remember to take the dog for morning walks...therefore avoiding resolution #4.
     6) Watch more movies on television...thus avoid depressing news.
     7) Do more cooking...it's a fun passion trying new recipes.
     8) Reshape backyard landscaping...because it's barren after removal of two 85-year old Ash trees.
     9) *Try to figure out the following statements:
                    February 17, 2016..."I think he (Trump) is a kook. I think he's crazy. I think he's unfit for
                                                     Office." Lindsey Graham
                    November 30, 2017..."The media tries to paint Trump as a kook and unfit for office."
                                                        Lindsey Graham

  *Note: Do you see the futility in this New Years resolution list? I've already broken #2

   

No comments:

Post a Comment