Monday, April 22, 2013

Remove the 'speck' in your Eye First

I never considered myself a very good math student and my late Lansdowne Junior High School  math teacher, Miss. Lucille O'Brien would return in dreams to haunt me should I pretend or misrepresent. I loved Miss O'Brien but I detested her 'multiplication stand-sit' classroom contest. Here's how it worked: All 23 seventh grade math students started the game 'standing' as Miss O'Brien came near your desk and quickly gave your, "7 X 8;" and one must respond with correct answer within three seconds. I spent little time standing.

I can handle simple arithmetic...Tucson 6 (13), Aurora 12 (59), Oak Creek 7 (20) and Newtown 26 Boston 3 (141) = 54 killed and (233) injured in most recent American gun and bomb attacks.

Let the above one-sentence paragraph stand alone...as I make my point with the following. You know that the older of the two Boston brother-bombers was killed and his younger brother hangs to life from shooting injuries. Meanwhile, our glorious Congress persons are calling for a 'full-scale' investigation of government agencies that recently questioned the older brother concerning his suspicious activities with terrorist group communications and found nothing. Obviously, our illustrious elected officials suggest that some one dropped the responsibility-ball. They gotta be shitting us folks!!!

Now wrap your head around the fact that these Congress persons recently defeated a bill that simply called for back ground checks on anybody wishing to buy a gun. These phony clowns are in the pocket of the National Rifle Association and claim that a back ground-check law would not help because 'criminals would NOT subject themselves to background checks.' I said 'wrap your head around this crap.' Here is my follow up question for these gutless cowards: Why do we have speed limit laws? Folks who wish to drive 100 miles per hour in a 50 mile per hour zone are not going to follow that rule. Why have any laws when we know some will not follow the law?

I find this kind of querulous faultfinding- pretense-fakery to be the epitome of 'shell-game' deception.

I will be away from this typing machine for a few days; God willing, I shall return.

No comments:

Post a Comment