Friday, April 19, 2013

You Think This; I Think That

I have observed drastic environmental-change in my personal restaurant experiences. 'Way' back-in-the-day, I entered the eating establishment and the host ask one question, "How many in your party?" A few years passed and a second question might be forthcoming, "Would you like a table or booth?" Those days offered 'ashtrays' at each table. After many medical research reports on the effects of 'smoke' albeit first or secondhand, our journey traversed through choices of 'smoking or non-smoking' into the now pristine NO smoking laws. I will forever hold to the opinion that if the seemingly eleventh (Biblical) commandment is our Second Amendment then our capitalistic principles are equally sacred and should protect the risk-taking business owners who provide employment opportunities for cigarette-smoking workers.

Hold on to your bonnet as I advance the latest self-centered narcissistic opinion. Just yesterday morning, I read in a local newspaper these words offered in a 'Letter-to-the-Editor:' I quote, "I think restaurants should have a NO CHILDREN SECTION."

I shall begin a new paragraph because I wish not to diminish or detract from the above self-serving philosophy with other abating words. Here is my perception:  a hard reality; our society is NOW cluttered with a generation of folks who see ONLY their needs and opinions considered. I hear neighbors speak against taxes that would assist education and support that selfish-attitude unabashedly with the logic, 'I don't have kids.' The anti-tax right-wing champion,, Grover Norquist recently stated, "Americans want one thing from our government; leave us alone." That is NOT an honest statement or sincere sentiment; it is bull crap and anybody with an IQ above 70 knows that!

Some may not wish to pay education taxes or increased wages for firemen and policemen but we WANT our young people educated, our home kept safe from burglars and all fires to be extinguished in a timely manner. We want our local government to fix the potholes on OUR street but screw the neighborhoods on the South side of town. We'd like the federal government to disarm Iran and North Korea and keep us safe from terrorists without causing long-line waiting at airports or any extra financial burdens. LEAVE US ALONE?  REALLY!!

Blah, blah, blah to the idiots eating dinner in the 'childless dinning room.' I will hope that those people remain childless; it is good that they would not procreate.

No comments:

Post a Comment