Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It Has Merit

My neighbor is upset; seems recently his second cousins married each other and the neighbor told me that such a  marriage was against Biblical scriptures. I spent the better part of last evening searching the Bible for that passage...no luck. I am certain that Cain married his sister. Okay, I take back the 'certain' part; I'm a mostly uncertain about every thing... Nevertheless, we who believe in the Biblical 'creation story' must agree that Adam and Eve's kids married each other. This means that the world's 'family tree' is a trunk!

I came across another passage that got my interest. It is the verse speaking of wars and talk of wars always being in our lives. I cannot argue that premise; I am 74 years old and during my life time, we have either been fighting a war or 'talking' about fighting a war. I began thinking that if that is going to be mankind's 'deal' until Armageddon, I wish to have a inter-national conversation and agree to Rules of War.

I would like to see all nations agree that only men and women over 65 could actually comprise armies and  'fight' wars. Hear me out; this idea implemented could solve many social and economic problems!

All wars fought by 'seniors' would reduce casualties due to poor eye- sight and compromised 'aim.' We could save tax monies because we would pay the 'old-time' soldiers military pay and do away with social security and health care for these old farts. Another positive in this plan is the very fact that old retired people have the time and inclination to travel and 'see' new places. The military would be paying for these quasi vacation trips. Sign me up!

Now if you are still on the fence about endorsing this Old Folks War Plan let me offer two final items to consider: With old people off to other lands fighting our wars, doctors' offices would not be overcrowded and there would be more 'up-close' parking spaces at Wal Mart, not to mention waiting IN A CHECKOUT LINE for some elderly lady with 'blue hair' looking through her purse for EXACT CHANGE TO PAY HER BILL.

Oh, one other thing to 'rule' in my Old Geezers War Plan...Every nation on this planet must agree to put a 'MOTHER' in charge of it's country's military decisions. Wish to place odds on just how many wars would occur??

No comments:

Post a Comment