Monday, April 20, 2015

Just Wanna Do What's Right

A few days ago, my wife spoke aloud a wishful thought, which we all have embraced. She said, "I wish that I could ask my mother about a dumpling recipe." I have often had those longing desires to ask a question of love ones who have departed this journey. We wish to 'ask' advice, directions and/or opinions from a wiser more knowledgeable person, however they are no longer in our midst.

I thought about this human aspiration this past Sunday morning as I opened the Church's bulletin. On the prayer request page, I read this: 'Please pray for the Illinois Governor and legislators as they strive to bring our State into financial balance with services offered to our citizens.'  Personally, I have no problem praying that request. I do believe a Christian should be tuned to the needs of God's people with regards to the monetary wherewithal of others to financially support the needy. I have often said, we can run out of money long before we run out of worthy causes.

Just as I wish to ask more questions of my deceased parents and grandparents, I surely wish that I could ask 'many' questions of my Heavenly Father. Here is one question that I would ask of my God: Where is the moral responsibility for Christians on matters of faith and the secular realities found in society. I wish I could ask my Almighty Father that recipe.

Meanwhile I'm going to ask someone at Church who makes out the prayer request list and why I never read a request to pray for the United States President and the cooperation of Congress to offer affordable healthcare to people without healthcare. Just wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment