Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Like Mother, Like Daughter

My Chicago Northwest Suburbs daughter telephoned a few days ago to inquire about a July date availability when my St. Louis Cardinals visit Wrigley to play the Cubbies. My son in-law has offered this treat on prior occasions. Now that the Cubs' immediate future is looking promising, I'm anticipating he may 'anticipate' his Cubs beating up on the 'Redbirds' and I would be available to suffer his gloating. Works for me...I'd be at the game. I appreciate the generosity.

The date looks open to the Decatur Roustios so it's a tentative 'Go.' My son in-law did ask his 11-year old daughter that if Nana and Boompa could NOT make the game would she be willing to go. She said, "Yes." Wishing to check her baseball knowledge, he requested his daughter to 'name' just one Cubs player. When the child failed to do so, he then asked her to name 'ANY' baseball player. She thought for a moment and said, "Jackie Robinson," however immediately she withdrew that name and shouted, "No-No, Nelson Mandela!"

The reality of the forthcoming July game is this: the little girl will not attend the game but instead, my daughter will go to the game and she'll be looking for this player, 'Nelson Mandela.'

No comments:

Post a Comment