Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Don't Tell My Kids

It's imperative that you honor my theme plea...do not to tell my kids. They seldom read my blogs or rants for fear I'm embarrassing the family with my periodic meltdowns. That said, your agreement not to share this writing is appreciated.

My wife and I left the Pet Clinic with Poodle, Yodie and headed to Pet Smart and grocery store to pick up dog food and various food staples plus an assortment of greeting cards. (My wife sends out cards to an endless list of folks for every imaginable reason and occasion).

On our way home, I said to the better-half that I'd make a lunch familiar to us in 1960-61.  Back-in-the-day this dish was a common evening meal for the newlyweds while, I was completing my senior year at Illinois State University. My wife was working as a dental technician for a meager income and I was making little to nothing with a 'jock job' doing little to nothing. Back then a meatloaf supper saw a hamburger roll the size of a baseball or three wiener-franks cut up with a can of Campbell's Pork-n'-Beans. My lunch on this 2019 day would be the latter delicacy. The 1960, three wieners cost .15 cents and the can of beans about .23 cents. We survived and have enjoyed married life for 59+ post wieners' years!

Interesting how we are less frugal in 2019. Yodie's Pet Clinic checkup cost $190.00, his Pet Smart  grooming rings up at $51.00, his special diet dog food lists at sixteen bucks-a-bag and his annual vaccinations hammer out at $230.00. Did I tell you his teeth extractions of a year ago was $1,100.00?

Just don't tell our kids what we spend on Yodie. They are under this bizarre impression  that we treat the Pup better than them!

No comments:

Post a Comment