Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Probably Sould Consider Sleep AIDS

Sunday past, I rolled out of bed earlier than usual...couldn't sleep. Perhaps I have too much on my mind and then perhaps old people simply can't wait to put their feet on the floor and praise the Lord for another breakfast.

After reading several newspaper stories, I turned on the television. The big TV in the family room. We subscribe to cable offered by Comcast. We get a plethora of channels. Of course, multiple cable channels with Comcast is 'smoke & mirrors.' Lots of repeats!! We pay excess if $200.00 monthly for cable and Internet services.

If you have not seen early Sunday morning cable television offerings, you're not missing anything. Let me tell you that even the major big three networks have sold their souls for the advertising dollar.
Surfing channels, I came across the following exciting programming: A vacuum sweeper sales pitch-loop that was endless and mundane. Then there was that fella with the dark moustache who sells those over-priced pillows; this guy is a tad creepy. Another channel sported two women selling jewelry, handbags and perfumes. Several programs had hawking preachers pitching books, DVD's and trinkets...once in awhile they'd talk about Jesus. One preacher fella said if I sent him $1,000.00 'seed-money,' I would be richly blessed within a short period of time. Actually, I was more spell-bound by one preacher-man named Kenneth who resembles the late, Charles Manson. Suddenly my surfing  landed on a channel televising one of those professional European soccer matches, which was like watching a bunch of temperamental private school kids playing a recess kickball game. Finally, I settled for Larry King talking about his prostate. It was either Larry or another program with a couple sporting phony smiles bragging about some men's sex product called Extenze.

I can't understand how stupid we Americans can become. The Saturday before, I paid Sam's Club $45.00 to re-new my yearly right to spend money in their store. Dadgumit, I recall those television days of old when my choices were three black and white 'free' television channels with interesting programs and nobody telling me how to interpret the news or sports analyst fella trying to convince me that some baseball player who hits 30-home runs while striking out 190 times is worth 17-million dollars.

Sometime today, I'm picking up some Melatonin Sleep Aid Supplements at CVS.


No comments:

Post a Comment