Monday, October 21, 2019

Praying for Our Military Troops

I never miss a day to be in prayer for our military; those men and women who are in harms way protecting human life, freedoms and our own Democracy. I pray for success in their missions. I pray for their safe return to loved ones. I pray that any physical and / or mental scars will heal.

This day, I shall add another prayer dimension. I will pray that those American soldiers who have been ordered to leave Syria and the Kurdish military with whom they fought side by side. The emotional trauma must be heart-wrenching for American soldiers as they witness hundreds of Kurds holding signs with pleading messages not to leave, which would ultimately allow them and their families to be slaughtered by Turkey. Those Kurdish faces begging our soldiers not to leave will no doubt haunt our soldiers forever. I suppose Union General William Teumesh Sherman was correct when he wrote the Mayor and Councilmen of Atlanta, "War is Hell." However, I believe some war missions can glorify the Grace of Our Lord and at this moment it appears we are turning our backs on the 'least of His people' who are in great peril.

Dear God: Please be with those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment