Thursday, May 7, 2020

Easier Said Than Done

Today, I finished trimming and cutting the grass before sitting a spell on the backyard swing with pup,Yodie to ponder a bit. I need to stop doing that. Not the grass thing or sitting with Yodie but that dadgum 'pondering.' It fatigues a fella!

I got to thinking about my restless night of sleep. I spent much of the night worrying about my kids, grandkids, their spouses and great grandkids and this horrible virus lurking about our daily lives. I am much aware of the folly found in my thoughts knowing that I am to recognize things I cannot control and let go and let God. I truly stumble in these areas and interestingly enough, I do so because of the four attitudes instilled in me, which served me, mine and others very well in accordance to a Master's plan. Those attitude traits?  1) Look for ways the improve things in your midst, 2) prepare, 3) orchestrate outcomes and 4) serve others.

Okay, when it comes to this virus thing my wife and I are focused on doing our best to stay safe by following all medical advice and protocol. I want that for my loved ones but when I ponder, I conclude they are at various stages of the journey I know so well. The young are invincible just ask them; I recall those days. The middle aged are emmersed in the demands of professional work and providing. Been there done that!

 I never the less speak out of turn and give my advice. I remind the family members of my aforementioned concerns and I'm told not to worry. And I don't worry when cutting the grass or watching a movie or working in the garden but man those 'midnight hours' can surely kick my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment