Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Glory To His Name

Although I am undoubtedly in need of 'The Word,' I do find myself getting a lot of religion these days due to this coronavirus 'time out' circumstances. Let me explain. Currently, I don't 'go' to church but I tune into church...and not just one church but on a Sunday these days, I'm checking our three services. I watch my home church Grace United Methodist then I check out Dr. Charles Stanley's 'In-Touch' ministries and finally, I pick up on The Rock & Roll Church in Miramar Beach, Florida. Even tho the collection plate is not passed, my wife will send tithe money to Grace and periodic donations to In-Touch Ministries, I usually purchase CD's of Rock & Roll services and send to my children.

These three services offer three completely different message and music styles, which underscores the modern day reality that God's Word these days is marketed with a desire to attract the consumer. This eighty-one year old writer grew up in a traditional throw-back Methodist Church that had one style, which was old gospel hymns and a simple straightforward message of choice, repent of your sins to gain salvation or burn in hell. Praise the Lord and don't forget the week-long tent revival meeting beginning next Sunday night.

With a hell-fire-damnation sermon exposure background, I can handle just about any preacher's message and apply it. That said, I will admit I do turn off some messages. I don't cotton to preachers  who suggest, "God came to me in a vision or God spoke to me and blah, blah, blah." That's all  .  hearsay. I'm like Judge Judy, hearsay ain't admissible. I'm not going to listen to a politically laced sermon because those sermons have nothing to do with my soul. Now if churches start paying taxes I will likely change my attitude. Finally, I'm not interested in that worn out doom and gloom message suggesting we Christians are persecuted. That's simply poppycock; hogwash! In my lifetime and in my country, I've seen three faith based religions verbally attacked, persecuted and terrorized: Jews (Synagogues),  Muslims (Mosques) and Black Chruches of any denomination. So spare that foolish talk about not being able to say, "Merry Christmas," or "They won't let us have prayer in school."
(You cannot have prayer in school because the damn constitution won't permit it, dummies). "They won't let us place the Ten Commandments in The Public Square." (Again, its that Constitution).

Please spare this Christian that persecution language. Christ was persecuted and died in my place for my sins. Therefore, Punch my ticket for the 'Glory Hallelujah Shout for Joy Train.' I've never felt persecuted; only blessed.

I must stop here before I lose what religion I've got. These time out days find me meditating frequently and realizing the need for more forgiveness.
(Touch)
People Get Ready

No comments:

Post a Comment