Monday, July 6, 2020

It's Good Growing Old

Of course, we know the alternative to growing old is not desirable but nonetheless folks who grow long in the tooth can easily fall into that cynical state of finding the downside of lingering. Not this writer. I rebuff the aches, pains and diminished abilities that come along with aging.

Recently, I was pondering some true advantages found in the latter stages of this old man's journey:

 1. I believe I make my grandkids 'feel' good programming all my electronic devices. Sure!

 2. Some of my clothes are coming back into style...Tie-Dye t-shirts, handkerchiefs and underwear.

 3. My kids no longer accuse me of being a hypochondriac.

 4. Growing forgetfulness permits me to enjoy old movies and television re-runs more.

 5. I've started believing that I look good because so many people tell me so.

 6. I have less pressure regarding social events. Can't recall the last time I made New Year's midnight.

 7. Elevator music is beginning to remind me of my high school days.

 8. No more dance recitals appear on my calendar. (I feared falling asleep and falling out of my seat).

 9. My cheekbones appear higher as my jowls keep sagging more. I'll soon look like a Basset Hound.

10. In the year 2020, more people seem awed that I was born in the 1930's.

11. There is a greater probability that I'll be sitting at the next high school class reunion dinner table
      with total strangers. (Think about it).

No comments:

Post a Comment