Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hang In it Gets Better

I picked up some items in the Target pharmacy section last evening and I was tempted to buy a product I have never before purchased; diet pills. Well, let me explain my motivation. This weekend past, I was cleaning out my closet and tried on three nice pairs of trousers, which were slightly tight at the waist. Therefore, I am thinking that perhaps the diet pills might cause one or two inches belly shrinkage. As I was reading the side effects on the diet pill bottle, I came across the 'deal-breaker.' It appears the pill may cause 'bladder leakage.' I am imagining with bad luck, I'll lose the weight, get into the trousers, which will frequently be wet in front. I passed on the diet pills and headed home for the first inning of the Cardinals' baseball game.

One of the many benefits married to a spouse for fifty-two years is the lessened disagreements over television program viewing. We agree to watch the 'Today Show' versus 'Good Morning America' and in the summer evenings, I watch Cardinals' baseball downstairs and my wife watches 'whatever' upstairs...works good! Let me share another long-time marriage perk pertaining to television watching: at seventy-three, I am permitted to watch half-naked women on television (Dancing With the Stars) with my wife in the room. I even recall watching a Tyra Banks' Show a few years ago when Tyra and her audience was all in their underwear; I never did understand what that was about but I do think it has promotional merit. Don't we agree that the television ratings for a State of the Union address would be over-the-top if the President and lawmakers were all in their skivvies!

If no baseball games are televised, I have a choice between watching the very 'liberal' MSNBC programs or Fox News, which leans towards fascism. Of course, we all will be watching the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games for the next few weeks and perhaps that will bring us closer together for a time and reduce the 'negative' political rhetoric between our countrymen. Let's be thankful this can happen without needing a non-partisan vote from our beloved Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment