Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Am I Missing Something?

Please accept this acknowledgement and my apology upfront regarding the posting of this blog; I needed to 'SEE" these thoughts in writing for my own edification!

Our nation and its people pontificate in grandiose and glorious terms regarding our beloved 'freedoms.'  "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free." These words appear on the Statue of Liberty's pedestal. Lady Liberty invites all who come to our shores to step through into freedom. The First Amendment to of U.S. Constitution states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an established religion or prohibiting the practice thereof..."

After we digest the aforementioned why is it that 'some' Americans make absolute claims that we ARE a Nation that is compelled to follow the teachings of Christianity? Stop with the hypocritical crap of 'give me your tired, poor, and be free in America and embrace the constitutional doctrine stating that no established religion shall be respected over other religions while no one can stop you from worshiping as you please!!!

Personally, I am a born-again Christian who does not believe in abortion, homosexual behavior, too much homework and coaches who yell at players; oops, I lied about the last two items. If we Americans really like the freedom stuff  then it must be okay if another citizen follows Buddha, Mohammad or 'Waldo.'

 If a woman wishes to abort a pregnancy, I believe that in a truly 'free' Nation she has that 'right.' If Charlie wishes to take Paul to the Prom, I don't give a rat's ass and if the student body elects them 'King & Queen,' it's okay with me; personally, I'd still vote for the 'jock' and the gal with the best shape.

I know why these topics will forever be debated while completely ignoring any factual logic and the law; because media pundits will always tell boogieman stories to the vulnerable masses. The ulterior motive is always power and/or greed!

No comments:

Post a Comment