Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Simply A Good Person

I returned to our home about mid-afternoon yesterday and to my surprise, I found my wife changing the diaper of a very young Hispanic child. I asked, "Who is the baby?" She answered, "This is little Caleb." "Caleb who,?" My wife responded, "I don't know his last name."

Okay, let me solve the riddle for you but avoid any futile attempt to explain my wife. Caleb is the four-month old son of Gus and Sandra Rodriguez. Gus, we have never met but understand that he is employed at Tate & Lyle of Decatur. Sandra is a young lady who came, a week ago, to our garage sale. My wife, Gerry struck up a conversation with the young mother and discovered that she has no relatives or trusted friends in Decatur who could babysit little Caleb should the need arise. Well the need did occur when Sandra  began her extensive orthodontist work today. Gerry agreed to babysit Caleb and the rest is where I came in!

After about two-hours, mother Sandra returned to pick-up her little boy and told Gerry that If her Mother, back in Indiana knew that she allowed a relatively unknown stranger babysit the boy, she would have a fit! I can relate to that notion. Sandra claims that she just knew that the Roustios were good people. I would suggest that there are many folks who would maintain that 'opinion' to be only a half-truth.

Sandra offered to pay Gerry and naturally, Gerry declined. I am sure that I will see Caleb again and that's okay with me; he is a darling little child, his Mother has a need and my wife can help...it's all a slam-dunk! I'll bet all-comers that the name Caleb Rodriguez appears on our Christmas list along with Gus and Sandra Rodriquez.

Suffice to state, there are those who talk the talk...my wife walks the walk; the walk of which, Jesus Christ spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment