Wednesday, January 14, 2015

All Things Cannot Be For Mine

I have a 5th grade granddaughter, who is playing with an elementary basketball team. My daughter telephoned yesterday to share details of their first game. Please understand that 'no child is left behind,' means no kid is denied participation and every kid has an unalienable right to get playing time.
Well how about this...it appears my granddaughter tied some all-time school record in her very first contest; during her 'must-play' time of eight minutes, she DID NOT touch the ball once! I may re-think her nickname and start calling her 'Duck,' as in decoy. My granddaughter likely has those skills to move and fake thus allowing the 'long-range bombers' to shoot.
My wife is angry about the granddaughter's first basketball experience; I just stopped laughing aloud three hours ago. I tried to explain to my wife, a foolish habit of mine, that IF ALL fifth grade girls became star basketball players the NCAA schools would not have any cute, back-flipping gymnastic cheerleaders smiling for cameras promoting college football season ticket sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment