Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Somebody Oughta Write a Book About It

I understand Mike Huckabee recently wrote a book entitled, 'God, Guns, Grits and Gravy.' Interesting to note that most politicians running for office these days write books.

Sixteenth President, Abraham Lincoln never wrote a book yet he has had more books written about him except for Jesus of Nazareth. Perhaps Lincoln was either too lazy or too busy to write a book or maybe publishers felt his writing style and phraseology were ineffective.
Many politicians and other nut bags writing books seem to, sooner or later, state or infer 'what' Jesus thinks on an issue; they are kinda like Jesus' ghost writers. I thoroughly appreciate it when people assist me with my personal relationship with Christ...don't you?

Anyway, I plan to purchase Huckabee's book, 'God, Guns, Grits and Gravy.' I will buy the book, not because I could learn one thing about Jesus from the Huckabee nor am I interested in what he has to say about guns, however I could pick up a recipe or two. My Mammy Bennett made great grits and my mother, Lou rocked the world with her gravy. I never knew their recipes; perhaps Huckabee has some good grits & gravy recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment