Monday, January 19, 2015

Rescue Me !

Yesterday morning while walking my Toy Poodle, James Wilkerson 'Yodie' Yoder, I reflected on our relationship. Yodie is a seven pound rescue dog. Not a rescue dog in the conventional sense. Understand, I did not rescue Yodie, not the case; Yodie rescued me.
Let me explain. Every morning, I sit with a cup of coffee listening to television news as I read the newspaper. Between the two news sources, I suspect I digest two or three dozen disturbing stories. Terrorist stories abound, conflict news from Israel, Syria, Yemen and high alert terrorist warnings issued in the United States. The USA continues to be divided with the on-going racial demonstrations as police must look over their shoulders for the next ambush. Our government leaders refuse to make decisions with the common good in mind; instead our elected leaders 'position' for the next election cycle.
I remove myself from the ugly 'news-of-the-day;' knowing it will be there it will be there tomorrow...the sad depressing news of this 21st century.
My reason and purpose to get-out-the house? YODIE, the rescue dog; we are off for our walk. During a 15 minute stroll Yodie may stop 8-9 times to pee and pause once to crap. When I stoop to 'bag' his poop, I wonder who is responsible to bag the endless piles of shit left all over the world by humans?

No comments:

Post a Comment