Friday, February 6, 2015

A Fools Explanation

I watched an interview conducted by NBC Today host, Matt Lauer with Seattle 'Seahawk's coach, Pete Carroll. Of course, Lauer asked 'THE' question, "Why did you pass on the second down with perhaps a yard to go for your second Super Bowl championship?" Carroll said, "The call would have been a great call if we catch it."  Right Coach and peanut butter would taste like garlic if it wasn't peanut butter.

I was in old Sportsman Park May 2, 1954, the day Stan Musial hit five (5) home runs in a double header against the New York Giants. In Musial's final at bat, he lead off the ninth inning and hit a very high pop fly to the first baseman. Coach Carroll had Musial struck the ball an eighth of an inch lower on the bat, he would have hit six home runs that day.

Hey Pete, here's a couple of more coulda-woulda-shoulda. Molly Ringwald turned down the movie role in 'Pretty Woman.' And how about John Travolta passing on 'Forrest Gump?'
I prefer people to be honest with explanations...like saying, I would do the exact thing over again or I wish I could do it over, I'd try some thing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment