Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pups & People

A little break in the heat last week motivated me to take Toy Poodle, Yodie to the park for a walk alongside Lake Decatur. After a bit, we sat down on a bench and watched the other dogs parade by. I know most people have made the observation how sometimes a pooch and its master have resembling physical characteristics.

While observing my fellow dog lovers, it wasn't long that I began to notice some dog and master matches. A stocky-short-legged gent with rather pronounced hanging jowls passed by and at his side was a large English Bulldog...bingo! A few minutes later, a skinny-leg willowy young lady with a plethora of freckles jogged by with a young Black-spotted Dalmathian keeping pace. Another master-pup look alike.

I began wondering if Toy Poodle, Yodie and this old geezer held any physical similarities. When I returned to my auto, I gazed into the visor mirror. Holy Cow, both Yodie and I have snow white hair. His ears hang down low as do my earlobes and if I didn't trim, I'd have as much hair growing from my ears as does the pup. Yodie's nose is brown as is mine from the sun...Oh my goodness, then the shock came. Our eyes are much different. The Poodle's eyes are wide open with jet black centers framed in perfect circles. My eyes don't look right. I suddenly recognized that my lids are beginning to droop. I'm glad I have an eye doctor appointment the end of next month to schedule cataract surgery. Perhaps the doctor can give me a 'lid-lift.' Why Dadgummit, if they droop much more, I'm gonna look like my neighbor's Bassett Hound.

No comments:

Post a Comment