Monday, August 8, 2016

Throwback Times with Simple Joys

As the grandkids piled out of the auto at the fast food restaraunt, I heard them calling out to one another their respective sandwich choices. I meandered behind with thoughts of my own sandwich pleasure. However, I realize that no restaraunt has my choice on its menu board.

There is only one sandwich that can possibly top two thin slices of all meat balogna with a single American cheese slice tucked between. It would be blanketed by two whole wheat bread slices with condiments of mayo, tender lettuce and garden fresh tomato slices sprinkled with a bit of salt. Yes sir, buddy boy. Find me on the backyard swing washing down that luncheon-sandwich delicacy with sweetened tea.

Oh, oh...that other sandwich, the best sandwich of all; the only one to top the balogna sandwich delight, that would be a 'cold (navy) bean' sandwich on all white bread, which is best eaten late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment