Monday, August 1, 2016

We All Know It

 I know that I have demonstrated frustration, anger and harsh words regarding one particular matter; a matter due to my perception. Please understand that over several years, I have felt offended by the implied and sometimes stated belief that somehow a liberal-Democrat cannot be a Christian nor can they be patriotic.

Rather than state a litany of accusations or comments to confirm my perception, let me visit the following: Often, we hear political pundits on the right accuse Democrats as fanning some fire on their imaginary 'war on Christmas' by not saying "Merry Christmas" but promoting "Happy Holidays." And never mind that Roe vs.Wade is the law of the land and while Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was living it gave the conservatives a 5-4 advantage those right-wingers yet they did not overturn a woman's right of choice. No, it's those evil non-Jesus loving liberals who only want that law.

Now, on the aftermath of the Democratic National Convention we hear Rush Limbaugh and others saying that the Democratic Convention looked like a Republican Convention with all the Red, White and Blue colors, talk of patriotism and invoking of God's name.

Gee, for once in my life my perception IS a reality!

As the late great New York Yankees' broadcaster would say, "How about that, fans?!

No comments:

Post a Comment