Saturday, November 10, 2018

Return To Sender

I've been on the precipice of cancelling my mail service. When I explained my reasoning to my wife she was rather adamant telling me that I could NOT do that because of various monthly payments and communications with family and friends. I understood and yielded to her judgment on the issue with one amended agreement; she opens my mail and screens it.

I apologize but I have not given you background information on the matter. Here's the deal: The mail I receive these days is profoundly depressing and stressful. Here's a sampling: 1) Hearing aid appointment offers with 40% discount on 6-thousand dollar hearing aids. 2) Back braces, knee braces and one-day denture offers. 3) hair-growing products. 4) Memory Loss Seminars 5) Assisted Living Facilities costs and 6) Cemetary burial plans. THAT'S DEPRESSING MAIL! I don't want to read that stuff early morning; it sets a negative tone for my entire day.

A recent piece of mail that tipped the scale was a notice from some insurance company with ties to AARP. This insurer informed me that their offer to insure me would be withdrawn in three months "When you turn 80-years of age," it read. I'm thinking this is borderline elderly abuse.
(Touch)
Return To Sender

No comments:

Post a Comment