Saturday, June 8, 2019

Hope They Saved The Letter

I coulda bet money and won. Let me explain. A few days ago, I wrote a blog in which I mused that I perhaps should write a letter to my grown children telling them that upon my departure from this earth they should grieve briefly but then celebrate the wonderful blessed life I've lived. My intention, as stated was not to be morbid nor melodramatic but cushion my children underscoring my great life.

Now let me preface the explanation of my tongue-in cheek suggestion that I knew in advance how my children would react: First, my son is one of About 400 people who read my blog and my two daughters are not counted in that number. I have no idea why he does and they don't and I never cared to ask. Knowing that two of three would not 'see' my letter to my kids on the blog, I sent each a hard copy via mail.
 Oldest daughter, Dawn telephoned her mother, "Mom, what's wrong with Dad?" Her mom, being funny answered, "Where do I begin?" Dawn, "No mom, I'm serious, he wrote me a disturbing letter."
My wife then knew it was all about the blog and told Dawn to relax. Of course, Dawn called her younger sister, Pam and got her buzzed up before calling my wife.

Finally, both daughters got me on the telephone and when each said, "Dad, I got your letter and want to know if you're GOING SOME PLACE?" I answered, "Well, it's like my Kentucky friend Richard told me when I asked him that question one time: 'Heaven, I hope but in the meantime I'm headed to Hardees' for biscuits & gravy,' "

Oh, my son, Steve had no comment but he did post under that blog...Curtis Mayfield's recording of the song, "People Get Ready."

Glad that worked out.
(Touch)
There's a Train a Comin'

No comments:

Post a Comment