Sunday, June 2, 2019

Fret Over Foolishness

I like the saying: "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Simple minds discuss people."I would add a fourth: 'Mindless discuss falsehoods.'

Recently, I received a Facebook comment stating that I should boycott Pepsi Cola because that company produced a can with the Pledge of Allegiance printed upon it and left out the phrase, "In God we trust." The Facebook plea even explained that Pepsi did this as not to offend anybody.

It's a hoax, a lie. A lie that has been perpetuated since 2004. The fact is: Pepsi never did produce such a can. Dr. Pepper did produce such a can in 2002. But my take is this: I don't care if it's true or untrue.
I'm not interested in people telling me to boycott something due to some ideology they suspect is advancing an imaginary conspiracy.

Personally, I don't drink Pepsi any longer. I'm off of colas. I DO drink a Pepsi product called Diet Sierra Mist. I don't buy this product to read things on the can. When I get on an airplane, I don't know if that pilot was drunk the night before or doing church work. When I had back surgeries, I had no idea if the doctor beat up his wife that week or took the family to a movie.  I just hope that the two aforementioned professionals are good at what they are charged to do. I'm pretty sure I have several doctors and medical technicians who periodically attend to me who are not Christian as am I, yet I allow them access to my needs because I've researched their background preparation.

It's disappointing enough that some people can't read and most choose not to read but instead grasps snippets of crap off the internet and spread it as gospel.

To those who wish to wallow around in the boogieman mud, I say enjoy. Just spare me the nonsense.
(Touch)
Boogie Man's Coming

No comments:

Post a Comment