Saturday, June 6, 2020

Trump Supporters Could Be Correct!

I am NOT a Donald Trump supporter. How's that? You say you've concluded that from my previous blogs on the subject? Okay, then I'll spare any further explanations.

Let me preface this blog with the following: I've been a Christian from the time I answered an alter-call at The First Methodist Church in 1951, East St. Louis, Illinois. Unfortunately, I continue to fall short of God's desires for me as I still stumble and sin. I have two specific daily prayer times. My morning prayer is self-reflective seeking guidance. My evening prayer is focused on family, friends, national leaders and those whom I don't know who are in need. I read the Bible but I'm not a Biblical Scholar. That said, I am careful never to 'speak' for God, although I notice some folks are completely comfortable sharing with others that which they say, God told them to tell us. On a personal note, I've always been jealous of people that God picks to give me advice.

Pastor John Hagee said that Hrricane Katrina was sent by God because New Orleans was going to have a 'Gay Parade.' I bet that upset the 'straight' people in New Orleans who lost everything. There's nary a month goes by that Rev. Pat Robertson doesn't share a gem from The Almighty. Back in 1980, Rev. Oral Roberts told followers, God gave him an ultimatum to raise 8-million dollars for his Oral Roberts University or God was going to call him home. I guess Oral got the money because he didn't die until 2009.
 
I am starting to be more receptive of this notation that God has a chosen few to 'get the inside scoop'   first. Hear me out. Former Texas Governor and Energy Secretary, Rick Perry said, "God ordained it      that Trump become President." Rev. Franklin Graham insinuated the same saying, "I think God was behind this last election." These fellas are not alone believing Trump was put in the Oval Office  by some divine power...according to a Pew Research survey, 27% of Americans believe it.

Maybe Trump was sent by God to be President of the United States. Today we see millions of people throughout America and around the world who have  been awakened to protest 'racism.' Nobody can refute the fact that bigotry in America and around the world has been real. America's racism is historically anchored since the early settlers started cheating the Native Americans and the Cowboys began killing them. Furthermore, Blacks brought to our shores to serve as slaves for the White man's economic gain and this cheap labor need continues in a sinister fashion as America plays games with underpaid illegal Hispanics.

 Donald J. Trump with his unabashed negative rhetoric and racially charged 'code language' aimed at Hispanics, Blacks and Muslims was evident at the early stages of his presidential campaign. He  immediately garnered support from the KKK and White Nationalists. Trump was cheered by those  who thought calling out Black NFL players as "son-of-a-bitches" for kneeling during the National  Anthem in a passive protest against police brutality. Trump calls White Nationalists "good people" as he stokes the embers of bigotry.   Recent video-taped killings of Blacks at the hands of police and vigilantes brings into light of day the ugly feelings of bigotry released and exposes the underbelly of America's greatest chasm from God. One cannot help but wonder, did God send Trump to energize  racial hatred and bring forth from the shadows America's great sin of prejudicial racism?  It has  reached a climax, which has boiled over into the streets of America as masses proclaim, Enough is Enough!

Just maybe Rick Perry and Franklin Graham are correct...God sent Trump to be President. Perhaps  the time in the looking-glass gives hope for a rebirth through forgiveness and remembering Christ's last commandment: "Love one another as I have loved you."

Ps. Trump supporters should look on the bright side. The irony in this scenario is the possibility that years from now American History books might suggest the beginning of the end of American racism began during the Trump Presidency.

No comments:

Post a Comment