Friday, August 31, 2012

Everybody is Annoyed by Something!

Yesterday, I was 'killing' time while waiting for my wife to finish a ladies group birthday luncheon at Bella Milano's (Springfield). My French Onion soup wasted, I settled into my Panera's booth and began reading a USA Today newspaper. It was difficult to concentrate on the news articles as the two women in the adjacent booth were extremely loud and adamant with story-swaps of their respective pet-peeves. The first woman was expressing dismay with her husbands post-dinner routine. It seems that immediately after they finish their evening-meal, Bubba retires to the couch and falls asleep before momma bear has the dishes in the washer and the table cleared. The second lady's sympathy was short-lived because she was eager to top the first story with tales of woe regarding three teenage children who are, get this, self-centered, spoiled and helpless. Her kids are evidently lazy slobs and she feels they cause her more work than when they were diaper-infants.

I fought my urge to weigh-in with remedy opinions, which could be a pet peeve of many folks! I wanted to simply suggest that both women should initiate a strike / work-stoppage! The first lady should follow her husband into the living-room / family-room and select a recliner chair and match the old boy snore-for-snore! Sooner or later, the hubby is going to ask one of those 'why' questions. That's when she explains that they are going to either 'clean-up' their dinner mess together or take a nap together! The mother with the teen-brats should also go on strike. It will not be long when the children ask for some piece of clothing to be cleaned. This is a wonderful moment to tell little Missy or Junior that you clean only those items placed in specified receptacles and return them to rooms that offer accessible pathways!

Gee, if I had only been a part of that conversation, I could have told them my 'pet-peeve' and perhaps they would offer a solution. I am frustrated and miffed by people who tell me they intend to 'do something' and then DO NOT follow through doing it. As I type this blog names of individuals are seeping into my mind and I suppress them because some of those folks 'read' the blog and I wish not to call them out; I just dismiss them as undependable!

No comments:

Post a Comment