Friday, August 17, 2012

I Hear His Voice in Life's Noises

I placed the daily devotional pamphlet back on the night-stand and wondered if perhaps someday, I would 'have God's voice' speak directly to ME. It would be wonderful if each morning, God would tell me what I could do to help. The Democratic National Party sends letters and emails informing me of their activities and suggesting what I could do to help the cause; usually, they want me to send them money. I don't want an email or text message from God; I wish to hear His voice as others claim they have.

The Holy Scriptures offer numerous accounts where God speaks to mortals. My favorite moment is when God told Noah to build that boat. There are modern day claims about God speaking to earthly folks. It appears that more often it is a conversation scenario between the Almighty and church leaders or preachers. Several years ago, Pastor Oral Roberts said that God talked to him. According to Rev. Roberts, God told Oral that the good pastor was going to die if people did not send Roberts' ministries a certain amount of money by a specific deadline. That must have been one scary conversation, I'd think. I didn't send Oral money that time because I once sent him a donation and he sent mother and I a piece of rope that was absolutley good for nothing; too short.

A few years ago, President George W. was asked by reporters if he had spoken to 'his father' before invading Iraq. "W" was clever and cute with his answer; he stated that he did NOT speak to his earthly father, former President George H. W. but spoke with his heavenly Father, GOD. President Bush's explanation caused me to wonder, if during my 39-year coaching career, could I have used such 'logic' when explaining to an unhappy parent why 'Sonny' was not playing. I could have stated, "God told me that your kid's skills were bad and he should not play."

Many years ago, my maternal grandmother, Mammy told me that God speaks to us through the (spirit) Holy Ghost. I'd suspect if politicians start telling folks that the Holy Ghost spoke to them, they are going scare the bejitters out of people! I must stop. I just now heard a voice from ABOVE. The voice was strong, deep and certain in instruction, "Come and get this laundry basket and LET the dog out!" A master has spoken to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment