Thursday, November 5, 2015

Yodie Delivers the Goods

Normally, I take breakfast each morning to my wife in our upstairs bedroom. The AM menu usually consists of cereals both hot & cold or the occasional pancakes or French Toast. The daily breakfast moments permits visiting, newspaper reading and 'Today Show' snippets.

The aforementioned routine documented, you can imagine my surprise when yesterday morning, my wife was rattling pots and pans about 40 minutes ahead of the normal schedule. She yelled to me in the family room where I was reading, "Would you like a couple of scrambled eggs?" WOW! What's going on, I'm wondering. We don't have a mid-week breakfast of eggs at 7:00AM.

Moments later she called out my name again to tell me my eggs were ready. As I entered the kitchen things suddenly became clear. I walked past Toy Poodle, Yodie who was bent over gobbling up his morning breakfast. Lo' & Behold, Yodie was eating a scrambled egg mixed in with his dry cereal.
I was tempted to call my wife out on her obvious ' guilt eggs' but I bit my tongue. Why look a 'gift dog in the mouth?'

No comments:

Post a Comment