Wednesday, July 3, 2019

You Don't Know Me

Frequently when I observe two people in some type of heated debate or outright verbal confrontation, I will hear the phrase, "You don't KNOW me!" It is always spoken as if to tell one's adversary, 'Don't be saying THAT about me or suggesting something when in fact you have no understanding of my journey and the experiences therein!'

I have published 1934-posts on this blog page. There have been over 200,000 page viewers and thousands of comment responses. I would think that many who read my blog have a good idea how I view life in general, family, animals race relations, religion, parenting, education, youth sports, teaching and coaching and other generalities. But who truly knows ME?

I don't know the origin of the phrase 'Walk a mile in my shoes,' however I do understand completely it's reference, which is Don't 'judge' a man until you have walked in his shoes. Don't 'criticize' another's work until you've tried it. I also believe there is a subliminal,message suggesting that we should all be more empathetic and consider the other person's feelings or point of view.

As I reflect upon many of my blog, I find myself guilty of 'judging another' without his life's experiences and when I read various facebook comments and exchanges, I've concluded I am not alone. The beast within us all is quick to anger and most intolerant of 'OTHER EXPERIENCES.'
(Touch)
You Don't Know Me


No comments:

Post a Comment