Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Just My View

Recently, a dear friend respectfully asked me for greater clarification of my position on abortion. It was and is a fair question since I've commented on my disappointment in my Evangelical brothers and sisters' support of Donald Trump and their claim that a person with liberal social views somehow cannot be a Christian. My explanation is simple. Perhaps I can explain and may I say, I'm not interested in changing readers opinions. Got it?

Because our founding fathers created a Constitution to govern both the believer and non-believer as guaranteed in a 'free' society, we notice laws that cannot favor religious concepts without consideration of the non-religious view point. I did not make those rules...the founding fathers made them and they remain protected in that document...the United States Constitution.

Therefore, I shall practice my 'faith' (I'm bigger on faith as oppose to man-made religions) and allow laws to govern a secular society. I will follow my relationship with Christ and thus be accountable  for 'my' choices and 'my' sins. I shall allow you the same freedoms if you so choose. However, save me from the selective scripture offerings to support your personal belief while ignoring other Jesus Christ teachings. On the one hand there is condemnation of the abortionist while silence about not welcoming the stranger but instead putting his children in cages at our Southern borders.

I believe abortion to be wrong. That said, I believe lust, greed, lying, murder, capital punishment, cheating on taxes are wrong and I think it is immoral to send my military enlisted grandson to Saudi Arabia to possibly fight and die for that country in exchange for Saudi Arabia's monies payment to the American government. I find this potentially equal to the sin of abortion.

I will therefore yield to the law but answer to my Savior. You are free to do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment