Thursday, September 6, 2012

As Ricky said to Lucy, "Splain It To Me!"

Most who read my blog understand that I am an individual of slightly 'above' average intelligence. You will not offend me if you perpetuate this truth in gossip conversation. That stated, I would appreciate anybody telephoning or emailing me explanation help regarding my difficulties grasping the understanding of the following recent events.

Many Democrats contend that Vice-Presidential candidate, Paul Ryan has 'told' lies on this early campaign trail. I fall below that intellect comprehension line to take the fella to task. I DID catch Ryan in a 'story-telling' moment and when he was called out he 'walked-the-story-back' with either a bigger lie or Paul Ryan, also is in my 'slightly-above-average intelligence club!' Here is how it all went down: Ryan was asked about his alleged marathon running. Ryan told reporters that he ran the marathon in 2 hours and 50-something minutes. Note: The Boston Marathon winning time in 2011 was 2 hours 3 minutes. Ryan's stated marathon time places him in the elite-runners' category. He was pressed for details and then came the lie or the stupidity; you 'splain-it.' Ryan said, "I meant to round-off my stated time to 4 hours." Folks, if you are going to round-off 2 hours and 53 minutes to the nearest hour THAT would be 3 hours not 4 hours! Someone give me a call and 'splain-it!'

The Republicans get all piss-faced when Democrats suggest that Former Republican President, George W. Bush left America in an economic mess for President Obama; I get it. The Republican Party leaders told their most recent President, G. W. to STAY AWAY from their recent National Convention. I am hard pressed to comprehend the protective anger towards Democrats in behalf of George and the 'Dear George keep your ass away from our convention attitude!' Please, someone 'splain-it' to me.

Former President Bill Clinton survived a Republican impeachment attempt when in office because of a sexual tryst with a young woman intern. After finishing his two-terms Clinton entered the private-sector and began the Clinton Foundation, which addresses world-wide needs. He spoke last evening at the Democrats National Convention. I am not positive but I think if the 'world' was electing a President, Bill Clinton would win in a landslide but someone can email me with a better choice...perhaps Bush or Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment