Thursday, September 27, 2012

I Wonder but Wish not to Know How it Was Received.

I suppose it was perhaps six years ago that I sent a letter to my grandchildren, which I think...well, never mind what I think about the letter; here it is for you to ponder:

Dear Grandchildren:

I offer the following thoughts for your consideration. I would reference these notions as 'an attitude towards life.'

1)  Be aware that two questions must be answered:
               (a)  Who Am I?
               (b)  What Is My Purpose?
2)  Discover your inner passion & talents. Seek application.
3)  Be grateful for both challenges and difficulties for they provide opportunity.
4)  Be thankful for those who gave a blueprint or cleared a path.
5)  Be respectful of those who oppose, they do much to forge your resolve.
6)  Be humble in your successes and be educated in your failures.
7)  Offer gratitude to those who support your efforts.
8)  Show sincere compassion to those who struggle.
9)  Know and accept that NOT all will join your cause.
10) Avoid cursing the journey, for it ends much too soon.

Love Boompa

No comments:

Post a Comment