Wednesday, August 6, 2014

...and ONE more thing FELLA !

I frequently stop at intersections and beckon the nearby beggar to the auto window and hand him a couple of bucks. I suspect that many of these vagabonds may have addictive issues that I maybe supporting however, not knowing positively, I still offer the handout.
My wife reminds me of the give-out  'gamble' with a mild lecture about my possible folly. I know very well what my wife wishes to do; she wants to turn the hobo's life around with some 'words.' The fleeting moment never allows that verbal lesson because the 'light' changes and we must drive ahead.


Lo' and behold, my better half had her preaching moment on a recent trip to Michigan. We were taking turns walking our pup, Yodie outside a McDonald's restaurant while each of us used the restroom and purchased coffee. While my wife was inside McDonald's, a rather large gentleman perhaps 6'4" and 230 pounds, told me he was 'hungry.' I said nothing to him except to ask if he was working to which, he answered, "No." My wife walked to the car window where I was seated and handed me my coffee. I handed her a five dollar bill and told her to give to the man behind her for something to eat. She turned with money in hand and walked up to the fella. Her 5 foot one hundred twenty-five pound frame dwarfed by the huge man. As she handed the money to the stranger, she pointed a finger upwards towards his face and said,  "You go get something to eat and don't be buying WINE!"
Now there's a win-win moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment