Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Expect Less From Others

I hear much conversation and debate about a 'polarized' America. I think we all notice that separation is very transparent in American politics. I am sure that my average intellectual capacity will over-simplify any cause, therefore let me show my ass.
Anytime two differing opinions emerge, which separates people it always 'smells' of self-centered 'entitlement-expectations' butting heads! When a couple's relationship (married or not) hits a wall usually one or both are convinced they deserve more from the other.




Classic conservative-liberal standoffs are perhaps the most ridiculously transparent polarized fighting. Here is an example: "White" rural farmers are pissed about inner-city entitlement programs benefiting many 'Blacks' yet those "White" farmers have no problem accepting excessive farming subsidies. Most Union workers believe corporate is making 'big' money at the expense of 'blue-collar workers,' and corporations feel they take all the risks and pay too much in taxes.


I'm convinced that feelings of 'entitlement' is the cause of our polarization; at every turn and in every relationship. We stumble when 'thinking' we are deserving of more from others. That said, I need to write each of my children and grandchildren and express my appreciation for their willingness to share time with me and their Nana...we oldsters are not necessarily 'entitled.' to such.

No comments:

Post a Comment