Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Just Sayin'

My wife and I attended the St. Louis 'Muny Opera' last Thursday for the opening night of 'Grease.' Good show and again a big thanks to our son, Steve and daughter-in law, Kathy for the treat. I suppose it's been over forty years since we attended Muny productions. Back in the 1970's, my parents were Muny Opera season ticket holders; they often took us.  The Muny venue is still magnificent, the crowds terrific and the performances top drawer. One thing has changed...the attire worn by attendees. Opera goers are not near as classy a group as yesteryears' patrons and the men are especially sloppy. I'm JUST SAYIN'.
I recall my high school contemporaries wearing khaki pants button down shirts or knit pullover shirts and 'V' neck sweaters. Most of the girls wore skirts, bobby-socks, blouses and sweaters. Today, except for those high schools that have uniforms, most teens left to their own choosing wear torn pants, pants that 'bag' low, and or athletic shorts. I'm JUST SAYIN'.
Every kid from my generation-neighborhood knows well what "Sunday Clothes" meant...those were the best clothes in your closet and were 'only' to be worn for Church attendance or special occasions. From my 'back row seat' at Church, I see folks in Sunday clothes, beach clothes, play clothes and hardly any clothes. I'm JUST SAYIN'.
 I hear that many business companies designate Fridays as 'dress down' ( casual) day. I prefer the philosophy, 'Dress to impress."
I'M JUST SAYIN'.
Geeze, I wonder if Moms still insist their kids wear good- clean underwear; you know the reason !! I'm JUST SAYIN'.

No comments:

Post a Comment