Thursday, August 7, 2014

Who Are 'THEY?'

I speak prayerfully each day. I lift the names of people who are suffering; some I know by name while others who are facing peril throughout a troubled world are unknown. I repeat many of the same daily petitions to the Lord. Here are a few of those prayer staples: I ask God to speak to the hearts of good people and motivate them to act in behalf of those in need. I ask God to humble the leaders of the world that they may seek compromise and relief for the weak. I prayerfully thank God for the health, safety and potential in my children and grandchildren.
 I always ask God to give wisdom and passion to my children and grandchildren to ignore the soothsayer (the they say) folks and claim the power in life's journey through service and thus insure the rewards of eternal life.
...and finally, I have a post it on my bathroom mirror that reminds ME:  "Love the self-centered asses that you will meet THIS day."

No comments:

Post a Comment