Thursday, September 11, 2014

Be Careful Name-Calling

I never could imagine any grown man physically abusing a woman. I can think of nothing so shamefully disgusting unless it would be the abuse of a defenseless child. I view such men as sick low-life's. There appears to be either an escalation of such relationship-behavior or perhaps a greater frequency in its reporting.
I recently heard a panel discussing the incident of abuse involving NFL players; one debater suggested that too many professional football players were, in his words, "thugs." I thought that was a rather incorrect and cheap statement. I will say that our NCAA system of college admission reeks of ignoring academic standards in pursuit of athletic revenues and thus produces too many questionable personalities representing 'higher-education' but that's another story.
Withholding much statistical mumble-jumble on the abuse subject, let me just leave you with this sobering fact: The law enforcement (occupation) domestic violence is nearly double the average rate. And these folks swear to 'protect' and serve. Be slow to call people of certain occupations 'thugs.'

No comments:

Post a Comment