Thursday, September 25, 2014

Believe as Ye May

Rarely will one of those Internet 'pop ups' catch my eye and cause me to investigate. Yesterday, I found myself following up. The headline: 15 Celebrities Who Don't Believe in God.
Some findings did not surprise me because of previous information through interviews. Of course, all names came from the entertainment world rather than the sports' arena, although the propensity to physically abuse children and women found in the NFL suggests at least some 'ungodly' behavior.
Instead of listing names, which does not appeal to my needs, I offer a common comment shared by these celebrity non-believers.
Many of them stated that 'religion,' in and of itself, is a man made notion. Whereas I welcome a debate, argument and even a fight over politics, I have no desire to debate the notion of God or religion with anyone; God and Satan only knows that their is enough fighting and wars over religion already 'on-the-books.'
 I will however, say to the atheist/agnostics who 'think' religion is a man made thing, 'we should ' invent more such 'stuff.'.
On a personal note: Although it was likely politically correct casting Morgan Freeman to play 'God' in the film, 'Bruce Almighty,' Morgan Freeman is NO George Burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment