Friday, September 19, 2014

I'm Glad Our Paths Crossed

The news out of my family physician's mouth was not good; he is leaving Decatur and after fourteen years, my wife and I must find a new Doctor. That's not a fun thought. I understand that some things will stay the same with a new doctor; he'll be a social liberal doing God's work attending to the sick while embracing a fiscal conservative philosophy as he worries about the re-distribution of his money! Funny thing about all of us...we are liberals at heart when it comes to US and OURS but we turncoat-conservative when it is an other's problem. For example: A few years back when Obama offered that 'cash-for-clunkers' deal to stimulate the auto sales, a very Republican-conservative doctor was all over that liberal moment as he 'cash-for-clunker' a new auto for his daughter.(I suppose that was ONE Obama idea the anti-help the middle-class conservative liked). You can take this thought to the bank: When we meet Saint Peter at those 'Golden Gates' if asked why we should be allowed entrance, we will quickly begin listing all our liberal moments and actions. I hope no fool dare shows the 'gate-keeper' his bank account...Matthew 19:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment