Monday, September 22, 2014

Lines Are Disgusting !

The iPhone 6 was released last Friday and hundreds of thousands of people across the nation stayed awake many hours and stood in long lines to await the moment they could purchase the newest Apple 'toy.' I heard many reasons offered for the line-waiting and most of the logic seemed rather trivial if not childishly-foolish. I am all for free market products driving our economy but the mentality demonstrated by 'camp-outs' to get iPhones or 'One Direction' concert tickets suggests that a helluva lot of folks need to get a life and obviously, some need to get a job!


The longest line I have ever stood in was one of the men's urinal lines at Wrigley Field. A couple of years back, I was watching my Cardinals play the Cubs at the 'Beautiful Confines,' as the Chicago North Siders prefer to call it, when I had to relieve myself. The actual line to get into a Wrigley Men's restroom was not that long...it was the long-communal-line' where I stood shoulder-to-shoulder alongside dozens of fellas holding their respective 'pee-pees' and staring at a trough holding a collection of various colors of liquid-waste  intermingling and flowing down hill on the long-winding journey to the Chicago River. It was during that moment that I vowed NEVER to wear sandals to Wrigley Field!
I wonder if Cheney, 'The Dick' has ever attended a baseball game at Wrigley?

No comments:

Post a Comment