Thursday, May 7, 2015

Happy Trails

Grandchildren are a gift that keeps 'giving.' My wife and I praise God daily for our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. We continue to attend sporting events, dance recitals, school activities and a plethora of family gatherings. Never a 'dull' moment !!

Can you imagine how spoiled and self-indulged a four year old child might be who is the baby of seven siblings? Try to imagine why this beautiful little girl would not think that she is the centerpiece of the universe. Recently when her mother placed her in a 'time out' chair, the child inquired, "Hey Mom, can we talk about this ?" On another time out moment she sat down on the chair and quickly said, "Mommy, have I told you how pretty you are?" This cute little con artist needs constant monitoring. Just the other day this four year old spinning top accessed Xfinity On Demand as she frequently does to 'hit' Disney to watch a movie. Well, on this occasion she ordered the Mayweather-Pacquino pay-for-view fight for $100.00.

While my daughter was sharing this story with me the telephone was beeping indicating that I had a call waiting. It was my son who was driving home from Milwaukee after a Cardinals-Brewers baseball game. My son wanted my sixteen year old grandson to get some interstate driving experiencing thus the boy was behind the wheel. It seems that the hazard-lights button was inadvertently touched and the dual-blinking lights began flashing. The young driver, not knowing what those lights indicated, began to freak out as he shouted to his Dad, "Holy crap, my blinker-lights  got me turning BOTH ways... the guy behind me is really going to be mad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment