Monday, May 25, 2015

Remembering Sacrifice

My prayer this day is for the millions of Americans whose lives were changed forever as the result of loved ones paying the ultimate sacrifice fighting for our freedoms and for those wounded Warriors returning home facing the challenges of a new normalcy.

I was one of the lucky ones. I was a young boy of five years when my father was drafted to serve in World War II. I remember missing him. I recall my mother crying when she received letters from him during those long two years. I was lucky; my daddy returned and life was good. The heartbroken stories of other families causes me an ache deep inside.

I pray that those who had to say goodbye to their soldier will forever be heartened in spirit and lifted in the knowledge that a grateful nation will always revere that sacrifice. God bless you on this Memorial Day and may precious memories warm and comfort you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment