Friday, May 22, 2015

What Are We Ingesting?

While waiting for the Sam's butcher to cut a 3lb piece of brisket for me, I looked over the array of meats in a nearby cooler. I was surprised by the poultry section. I saw six chicken breasts packaged together with a total weight of 7lbs. I thought, holy crap those six half breasts represents just three chickens. Adding legs, thighs and other parts it is reasonable to conclude that each chicken weighed approximately six plus pounds; that's a big bird! This means the steroid abuse issue has gone from the ball yard to the barn yard! It also suggests that these chickens are jacked with performance enhancing drugs. They will likely kick ass facing any Chicken Hawk.

Many of my East St. Louis (1945) neighbors had vegetable gardens and chickens. I never saw any of those chickens carrying around two plus pounds of breasts except one old crippled bird that grandpa E. V. named Mae West. Once in awhile I'd follow grandpa E.V. into the chicken coop to fetch eggs. I never smelled anything as nasty as those 'chicken-coops' until using the Eastern Illinois University baseball field porta-potty rentals.

I once enjoyed eating chicken...not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment