Monday, May 4, 2015

"Just the facts, ma'ma."

States Attorney Marilyn Mosby filed charges against six Baltimore, Maryland police officers who were involved in the arrest and subsequent suspicious death of Freddie Gray. I suppose we will never know exactly 'what' caused Mr. Gray to die but I believe it is reasonable to conclude that the police officers involved are guilty of many actions and / or lack of action, which should put them behind bars.

As I watched States Attorney Mosby verbalized the timeline of events that fateful day, I began to fear that Attorney Mosby was moving closely towards embracing that dangerous bravado when an individual becomes a tad bit filled with self-importance.. Sure enough, Mosby dropped a turd and then stepped in it! She editorialized herself into 'Wonder Woman!' Attorney Mosby digressed from simple facts-of- law, which she and her investigative team believed were violated and crossed the line as she addressed protesters and demonstrators saying, (and I paraphrase) 'I heard your voices, No Justice, No Peace' ...I'm sorry but such a comment does not sound like law-facts but instead political pandering.
If all States Attorneys' start making indictment decisions on things other the concrete law and act on crowd voices, we are all in harms way. I recall reading about a crowd (long ago) that had their shouts acted upon and....Barabbas went free and Christ was crucified.

I'm sure States Attorney Mosby is a bright young lady and I'm equally sure she talks too much! As Sergeant Joe Friday often said, "Just the facts, ma'ma."

No comments:

Post a Comment